Let's Encrypt is a free, atuomated, and open certificate authority that is provided byt the non-profit Internet Security Research Group (ISRG). We are happy to be able to offer these SSL certificates on any valid domain name across all of our shared cPanel customers.
Want to know how Let's Encrypt works? How it Works
What is great about Let's Encrypt, from the users perspective, is that they are offered at zero cost to the public. We are also able to install these on all domains that need an SSL in the background and keep them updated.
Taken directly from the Let's Encrypt about us page, the key principles of who they are:
- Free: Anyone who owns a domain name can use Let’s Encrypt to obtain a trusted certificate at zero cost.
- Automatic: Software running on a web server can interact with Let’s Encrypt to painlessly obtain a certificate, securely configure it for use, and automatically take care of renewal.
- Secure: Let’s Encrypt will serve as a platform for advancing TLS security best practices, both on the CA side and by helping site operators properly secure their servers.
- Transparent: All certificates issued or revoked will be publicly recorded and available for anyone to inspect.
- Open: The automatic issuance and renewal protocol will be published as an open standard that others can adopt.
- Cooperative: Much like the underlying Internet protocols themselves, Let’s Encrypt is a joint effort to benefit the community, beyond the control of any one organization.
We will provide more details about these certificates and how you can use them on your accounts soon.
Tuesday, December 20, 2016